Managed Futures Trend Following: The Ultimate Diversifier
A recent survey published in Pensions & Investments revealed that institutional investors prefer managed futures as their top choice for inflation protection and volatility mitigation¹. This is unsurprising, as managed futures was one of the only investment categories to produce positive returns during the 2008 global financial crisis.
In this ground-breaking online presentation Dr. Kathryn Kaminski, global authority on managed futures strategies, covers the role of convergent and divergent strategies, and introduce other important themes like:
- The role of managed futures in institutional portfolios
- – Diversifiers vs. crisis alpha
- Return based style analysis to differentiate between managed futures funds, and build optimal portfolios
- – Identifying and managing the drivers of managed futures returns
- Sources of “craftsmanship alpha” in managed futures
- – The qualities to look for and what to avoid
As inflationary forces build near the terminus of the current market cycle, there has rarely been more urgency to expand allocations to genuine hedge strategies. Don’t miss this opportunity to learn why managed futures may represent the ultimate hedge for vulnerable institutional portfolios.
¹Source: Pensions & Investments